Kangaroot has been a proud Business Partner for many years where we have built our expertise in Ubuntu. Our strength lies in advising, managing & implementing high-quality technical solutions.
Open source security
More than Linux. Security and compliance for the full stack.
Secure your open source apps. Patch the full stack, from kernel to library and applications, for CVE compliance. Governments and auditors certify Ubuntu for FedRAMP, FISMA and HITECH.
- 10 year security maintenance and CVE Patching
- Kernel Livepatch for 24/7 patching with no downtime
- Extended security for infrastructure and applications
- FIPS 140-2 cryptographic modules certified by NIST
- Common Criteria EAL2: ISO/IEC IS 15408 validated by CSEC
- DISA/STIG hardening for DoD compliance
- CIS profiles for cyber defence and malware prevention
Public cloud optimisation
Most public cloud instances are Ubuntu, for performance and security.
- Optimised kernels for AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle, IBM
- FIPS, CIS hardening and CVE fixes with Ubuntu Pro
- Minimise rolling reboots with Kernel Livepatch
- Network & storage performance optimisation
- GPU enablement for machines and containers
- Pay-as-you-go billing, no more licenses
- Enterprise support and Extended Security Maintenance
- Cloud workload migration service
- Containerisation and cloud-native migration service
- Fully managed application service
Multi-cloud Kubernetes and containers
AKS. EKS. GKE. Kubeadm. MicroK8s. Charmed Kubernetes. All on Ubuntu.
- Support for all public cloud Kubernetes
- On-prem MicroK8s, Charmed K8s, kubeadm
- Fully-managed Kubernetes on-prem or public cloud
- Model-driven Kubernetes Operators
- Full stack support for apps, Kubernetes, and OS
- K8s architecture and deployment consulting
- Cloud-native workload migration services
- GPU enablement for AI/ML workloads on K8s
- Bare metal, OpenStack and VMware
- Pluggable CNIs, CSIs, CRIs and third-party tools
Data centre automation
Turn a rack into a bare metal cloud. Metal-as-a-Service provisions Windows, ESX and Linux.
- Bare metal cloud with on-demand servers
- Remote edge cluster operations
- Infrastructure monitoring and discovery
- Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SALT, Juju integration
- Super fast install from scratch
- VMWare ESX, Windows, CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu
- Custom images with pre-installed apps
- Disk and network configuration
- API-driven DHCP, DNS, PXE, IPAM, provisioning
- LDAP authentication and RBAC
Need advice of help?
The first official Ubuntu release — Version 4.10, codenamed the ‘Warty Warthog’ — was launched in October 2004, and sparked dramatic global interest as thousands of free software enthusiasts and experts joined the Ubuntu community.
Ubuntu today has many flavours and dozens of specialised derivatives. There are also special editions for servers, OpenStack clouds, and connected devices. All editions share common infrastructure and software, making Ubuntu a unique single platform that scales from consumer electronics to the desktop and up into the cloud for enterprise computing.
The Ubuntu desktop is by far the world’s most widely used Linux workstation platform, powering the work of engineers across the globe. Ubuntu Core sets the standard for tiny, transactional operating systems for highly secure connected devices. Ubuntu Server is the reference operating system for the OpenStack project, and a hugely popular guest OS on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud. Ubuntu is pre-installed on computers from Dell, HP, Asus, Lenovo and other global vendors.